Need Advice on which fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HollieDahhrlinn

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey,
Have a 5gallon tank and i need advice,

I already have 2 zebra danios and 1 albino paradise fish.
Currently re-homing my chinese algae eater.
Was thinking about adding maybe a cory cat or a snail and some ghost shrimp.

Any ideas appreciated x

No cories, they must be kept in groups and you simply wont have room in your, ahem, 4 g tank!
I'd say either snails, or shrimp, not both, too much bioload and not enough tank floor space.

No cories, they must be kept in groups and you simply wont have room in your, ahem, 4 g tank!
I'd say either snails, or shrimp, not both, too much bioload and not enough tank floor space.

Agree with Lynae. No Cories and either a snail or shrimp. Not enough room for both. Good luck! :D

Snails are a good idea, they are great detrius eaters and wont reproduce past the food available. MTS are great and you can usually get some for free. If you lived near me I would give you some gratis. Im sure you could pick a few out at your lfs plant tank and they wouldnt care. I know I got mine as hitch hikers.

You could do a lot of shrimp... I have 4 in my 5gal right now and am going to get several more, if I can find the buggers. They're cool to have around and barely impact your bioload at all.

Back
Top Bottom