Need filter help ASAP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

serena00

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm running a marine land 350 canister with two bio wheels on my 125g, there is a flow coming but is very very little. How can I make the flow better?

40g community
36g semi-aggressive
20g community
10g betta, nano fish, shrimp
5.5g betta

Did the flow just get slowly worse or very sudden? Is it after cleaning or anything different (just in case)?

In a 125g given the size you might want to add a small powerhead near the bottom to help keeping particles in the water column long enough to get picked up by the filters.

What materials are you using in the canister filter btw?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Okay so this tank is new for me, it has been set up and going 5 years like this at its old residence. My biggest tank is 40g so I am not familiar with a "power head" the filters are 2 smaller canisters and then the one we're discussing. The flow was way stronger when they had it in their house. I emptied it and started them up the next day and I'm getting bad water flow.

40g community
36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta

Okay so this tank is new for me, it has been set up and going 5 years like this at its old residence. My biggest tank is 40g so I am not familiar with a "power head" the filters are 2 smaller canisters and then the one we're discussing. The flow was way stronger when they had it in their house. I emptied it and started them up the next day and I'm getting bad water flow.

40g community
36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta

Take out all the media in the filter and make sure the pump in the hob is seeded correctly. Then turn on with no media in it. Put the media in a small bucket of tank water so don't kill the BB. Add the media back in if the flow has drastically increased being empty. I have never used one but from my understanding marineland filters have round filters preloaded with carbon. It is possible the wheel is too full with sediment and blocking water. After 5 years it is possible the pump is going on it.

A power head is a pump that goes in the tank to increase the waterflow.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom