need good ideas for a background

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonibelle

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello, I am looking for suggestions. I have a new 30 bow front tank set up in my bedroom. I have transplanted African Water Fern and Java plants in the tank along with driftwood and natural rocks. I would like to find a background that will keep a natural look. (not 3D, too late for that) and if possible not the plastic pictures. I hope to stock it with Rams and Angels and perhaps a few small schooling fish and a cat fish. I'm in no rush for the fish, just really want the background to complement the tank at this point.

Black with a dark substrate is the way to go with lighter colored species. It will really make the colors of fish and plants pop.

Thanks. I think black sounds good. But no angel Fish? :( could I do just a pair of rams and a pair of angels and a catfish? The tank is a bow so it's high and I wanted fish that would appreciate the depth. Water changes will be a piece of cake since the tank is right outside of my bathroom door. I have a python. (if frequent water changes would mean I might be able to have angels)

No. You could probably get away with a pair of angels, but two pairs of cichlids in that small of a tank will result in deaths most likely, so rams and angels is a no go. I'd go with rams or apistos though, since that will still allow you to keep a school or two of smaller fish.

Back
Top Bottom