NEED HELP STOCKING 220 g tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hannahb

Aquarium Advice Newbie
When I move in 6 months I want to upgrade to a larger tank. I currently have a common pleco in my 55. I want to bring the common pleco with me and add tank mates if possible. I’m having a hard time finding information on community tanks with a big pleco.

Types of fish I would like to add-
-rope fish
-angelfish
-blood parrot
-Severum
-Green Terror

How many of these other fish would I be able to fit in a way that everyone is happy to swim around?

This is mine (9") that was unable to be in a 215g with an 8" oscar, 7" oscar, 6" black belt veija, 7" blood parrot, and a 4" male convict. I moved him to a 90g, and he was housed with a different 4" male convict and a 5" salvini. After about 3 or 4 weeks in there he suddenly just killed the salvini. I only have one cichlid more aggressive and bossy than him20201205_101804.jpg

Instead of a green terror, get a blue acara, they will go good with the others. I had a gold severum in my angel tank for a good while and they all got along great

We have 20 different species of cichlids currently, numbering prob about 75 fish. Ev1 is a different personality, and like I always say, it's hit and miss what works. Always good to have a backup plan when dealing with large cichlids like you want

This is mine (9") that was unable to be in a 215g with an 8" oscar, 7" oscar, 6" black belt veija, 7" blood parrot, and a 4" male convict. I moved him to a 90g, and he was housed with a different 4" male convict and a 5" salvini. After about 3 or 4 weeks in there he suddenly just killed the salvini. I only have one cichlid more aggressive and bossy than himView attachment 319184
Who was bigger and meaner than him? You have me curious, convicts are no joke either.

Haha! The convict is still in with him, he gets in that log in the picture or in this little fake cave, and the gt can't fit in there. Convicts are prob the toughest, meanest little fish there are. I saw a post once that said can you imagine if convicts got 16" long? Lol. The one meaner than this Gt is my Red Tiger Mota, Parachromis Motaguense. He will bite your fingers in the tank. And hard too. And he's got fang like teeth. I use a tank divider if I have to be in there doing something , haha!

My wife has a 7" female Red Devil, Amphilophus labiatus, and when she spawns (all alone in her 75g) she can be a real meanie too. In the couple of days leading up to her laying eggs and then after, she'll quickly bite you if your hands in the tank, lol

Back
Top Bottom