Need Help Stocking!!!!! (24 hours)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Khij159753

Aquarium Advice Addict
My friend's b'day is tomorrow and she told me she wants fish for her 10 gallon freshwater tank. I need some good ideas of what to put in her tank. Preferably fish I can get at petco so probably common fish. I'm also thinking about throwing in some shrimp/snails depending on what's available. Please give ideas quick!

If you don't know maybe a gift card for your friend and a promise to go fish shopping together would be best. Then you wouldn't need to worry about incompatibility between the fish you pick out and what is already in the aquarium.

FishontheRock said:
If you don't know maybe a gift card for your friend and a promise to go fish shopping together would be best. Then you wouldn't need to worry about incompatibility between the fish you pick out and what is already in the aquarium.

This is truly the safest and smartest option.

Bravo! :agree:

Is this tank cycled?

The tank is cycled. There is nothing in the tank. Her ex "took care" of her fish while she was on vacation and they starved. She never got new fish.

Depending on when the other fish died, the tank may not still be cycled unless she's providing the beneficial bacteria with a source of ammonia.

It's cycled. They died a couple years ago. She has like 2 ghost shrimp she keeps alive in there and that's it.

Back
Top Bottom