Need ideas for a 45gal stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redruckus

Aquarium Advice Freak
Have a 45gal tank i want to start up i want every ones ideas on what i should stock... im going to aqua scape it nicely with wood, rocks and live plants... but could use some ideas for fish...cost is no option...i already have pirahnas so i dont want another pirahna tank, anything and everything else is cool... brackish is also an option so fish and plants for brackish water would be awsom

45 gallons could house a community based aorund an angelfish pair with a ram, rummynose tetras, corys, and otos.

i want a mix of everything top water, mid range, bottom, schooling, big fish, little fish, one fish ,two fish, red fish, blue fish....give me stocking ideas how many what kind fully open to sudgestions

I would really put in some cories at the bottom. Any type of them, and around 8 of them. Maybe an angel or dwarf cichlid and some tetras or danios.

:)How about a school of dwarf neon rainbows? You'd need about 6-8 and they only get about 2 inches each.Many other rainbows stay small and colorful- check them out. Schools of neon tetras are nice too in large groups of 7-10 just make sure they are the larger ones so not eaten by an angel if you decide to add one.

Emperor tetras also look really cool. And they can go with angels! (Not that I am addicted to angels or anything....:hide:)

i want a mix of everything top water, mid range, bottom, schooling, big fish, little fish, one fish ,two fish, red fish, blue fish....give me stocking ideas how many what kind fully open to sudgestions

Top-water red fish and blue fish-cherry barbs! :) Or a killie of your choice, I like redtails personally.
Top-water big fish-hatchetfish!
Top-water one fish with no other top-dwellers-african butterflies are cool.

Mid-range blue and red fish-neon or cardinal tetras, dwarf neon rainbows, serpae tetras, cochu blues, threadfin rainbows, blue eyes!
Mid-range one fish two fish-angel fish, keyholes???
Mid-range little fish-any rasboras would fit the bill :)

Bottom-one fish two fish-GBRs or any dwarf cichlids
Bottom-little fish-pygmy or juli cories!
Bottom-red and blue fish-GBRs!!! :D

Schooling fish-big fish-serpaes, bloodfins, penguins, colombians, diamonds, bleeding hearts, black phantoms, red phantoms, tetras!
Schooling fish-little species-glowlights, neons, cardinals, black neons, embers, green neons, rummy-noses tetras!!! :D

sunfish, pumpkinseed and blue gill are illegal to keep in ontario because they are native... but i was thinking fire eels, and leaf fish even befor you mentioned them

redruckus said:
sunfish, pumpkinseed and blue gill are illegal to keep in ontario because they are native... but i was thinking fire eels, and leaf fish even befor you mentioned them

Ah okay.

Maybe leaf fish, but not fire eels. They need really big tanks.

Back
Top Bottom