Need info about Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi,
Forty gallon is good for them. Maybe if they were the only fish in the tank in the 20, it might work.
You also mentioned dwarf angelfish. There are actually dwarf angelfish. They're called Leopold's Angelfish, there a new angel on the market that are very rare to find. However they only stay two to three inches big, so even fish as small as neon tetras won't get eaten. They like a tank 30 gallons minimum.

Oh wow! I was just messing around! That's funny that they're is actually such a fish. But from what you said, there's no way I'd find one at my LFS..

Actually, they are available online if you know where to look and are seasonally available so your LFS might be able to special order it for you. However be aware that they're all wild caught, so they're going to need A LOT of time to adjust.

Customs here in Canada are strict and gets held up by about 4-5 days so it's really not an option here but if your close to a shipper I would try

I am too. Just seems a hit or miss way of getting fish. Shipping them? Doesn't sound too rock solid IMO

Although it doesn't sound rock solid, be aware that LFS have fish shippped to them too in MASSIVE stocks, but they are able to keep almost all fish alive. If they can do it, I'm sure if you had some experience and were patient, a shipped fish wouldn't be so bad.
The only problem with having a fish shipped to you is that you don't get to choose your fish, but that's not a problem with Leopold's Angelfish since they're all basically one color. I would suggest getting a shipment from a company that's near to you, because then it's quite possible the fish would be there to you in no time.

Well, after thinking it all through, I didn't wanna get a $60 fish($20 + $40 or so to ship). So I went looking at my LFS today, found one that I liked, one that "supposedly" only get 4inches, so only an inch bigger than a leopoldi. It also happend that the one I wanted was being harrassed and chassed around by 30 other angels, so I feel like I'm saving it too.

I'm acclimating it now and will get pics up as soon as I can! :)

Back
Top Bottom