Need stocking help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok so this is what we are thinking.

4 corys (currently in the tank)
1 ADF
The endlers if we can get some
And some platys

How many platys and endlers do you guys thing and would the ADF be ok with the corys that are currently on the tank.

The only cories I would keep in a 10 gal are the pygmy's like hasbrosus, pygmeaus, and nanus. Julii's get to 1.5" and I wouldn't keep in less than a 20 gal. Ablinos/emeralds get to 3"+ and should be in 30 gals or larger. They are very active catfish. If possible I would look for the smaller types, or atleast ditch the ones that get waay to big and go with the julii's. JMO.

ADF's are social critters and feel more comfortable with a buddy, so I would get two. And make sure to pick up some HBH frog and tadpole bites at the same time. They are very blind so you may need to drop their food right on them, or feed them in the same hidey hole or cave everyday so they know where to find it. The only foods really good for them are their special pellets or frozen stuff like bloodworms and brine shrimp. Just make sure they don't eat dried foods, sinking pellets or algae wafers as this is likely to cause bowel impaction and bloat. They are very prone to it. Of course they will get some flake and that's just fine. :)

@Cdepriest, the LFS you go to...is it Wet Pets? Did you by chance go ask about the Endlers this weekend? I went today and totally forgot about asking them because as I was looking at the feeder guppies(which I thought actually looked quite like the Endlers) I got side tracked by the ghost shrimp, and then fell in love with the mystery snails(purchased 2). I swear every time I go in there I go on sensory overload and my brain shuts down and I feel like I'm on the verge of drooling uncontrollably and staring into the aquariums wide eyed for hours on end. :blink:

By the time I realized I'd forgotten to ask about the Endlers I was already home and well into acclimating my snails and glofish in the tank. :facepalm:

Yes it's wet pets by Steve in Norman, ok there is another wet pets in some other state that i found online once and no we haven't made it in there yet we have been busy with spring cleaning and haven't had time I was hoping to try and make it in Monday when I get back from classes if I make it back in time and as for the Gupta that look like them as we was doing some research we found were they have crossbreeds between endlers and guppies just FYI

Yes it's wet pets by Steve in Norman, ok there is another wet pets in some other state that i found online once and no we haven't made it in there yet we have been busy with spring cleaning and haven't had time I was hoping to try and make it in Monday when I get back from classes if I make it back in time and as for the Gupta that look like them as we was doing some research we found were they have crossbreeds between endlers and guppies just FYI

That's the one I go to as well.

I'd heard that they will cross breed if placed in the tank together...fine by me. I've got a female guppy in the tank right now and she needs a companion(though I'm seriously contemplating keeping 2 females from her fry when I can tell which ones they are!) but the last male guppy I had just didn't do very well. I've heard A LOT of other people having problems with male guppies right now all around the country so I wouldn't mind putting a couple of Endlers in there if I can get my hands on them. I'll be in Norman on Monday so I may swing by there and ask them then if I can remember!

The ones I saw that had similar markings were in the tank just above(or maybe right next to) the tank with all the ghost shrimp. I really don't think they're Endlers, apparently just common guppies. I'm interested to see what the crossbreeds look like...could be an interesting combo.

Back
Top Bottom