neolamprologus multifasciatus tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Multies are among the easiest fish to breed! They do not eat their own fry and actually protect them viciously. My multies have actually nipped at my hand and at my siphon defending their fry. You don't need to remove the fry and it's actually almost impossible to do so. All you need to do is provide food for them.

Multies are among the easiest fish to breed! They do not eat their own fry and actually protect them viciously. My multies have actually nipped at my hand and at my siphon defending their fry. You don't need to remove the fry and it's actually almost impossible to do so. All you need to do is provide food for them.

Thats good to know. Thanks!

Tonight I'm dismantling the old setup (it was saltwater) and I'll wash everything with vinegar and water. I've heard it should be fine doing that, but will it? Or is there something else I should do to convert my 10 gallon from saltwater to freshwater?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1450750905.773306.jpg
Tonight, I took all the sand, coral, and water out. I cleaned the glass really good with vinegar. Then I filled it up and drained it over four times just to make sure everything was okay.

Right now, I filled it up and tested the salinity to make sure there wasn't any salt in it. There wasn't.

Besides the tank itself and the light, I won't be using anything else from the old tank. Will this be okay? The vinegar won't harm the fish will it?

Once the sand and shells come in, I'll drain it, get everything in place and then start cycling the tank.

View attachment 282396
Tonight, I took all the sand, coral, and water out. I cleaned the glass really good with vinegar. Then I filled it up and drained it over four times just to make sure everything was okay.

Right now, I filled it up and tested the salinity to make sure there wasn't any salt in it. There wasn't.

Besides the tank itself and the light, I won't be using anything else from the old tank. Will this be okay? The vinegar won't harm the fish will it?

Once the sand and shells come in, I'll drain it, get everything in place and then start cycling the tank.

I'd add dechlorinator to that tank water, as it can help turn that vinegar non-toxic

Sent via echolocation

I've tested the salinity numerous times throughout last night and today and it has always been at 0, so I think the tank will be fine.

Once Christmas is over, I'll start getting everything I need and hopefully the sand and shells won't take too long to come in.

The only other thing I'm worried about is that there are a few small green spots of what I think is algae left over from when it was saltwater. Anyone got any ideas to get rid of it? It didn't come with any of my algae scrapers. I took a towel and vinegar and tried as well, but that didn't take it off either. I'm at a loss.

There's also still just a little sand left that I'll try to siphon out.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1450829473.809951.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1450829496.178291.jpg

The second pic is of the sand.

The only other thing I'm worried about is that there are a few small green spots of what I think is algae left over from when it was saltwater. Anyone got any ideas to get rid of it? It didn't come with any of my algae scrapers. I took a towel and vinegar and tried as well, but that didn't take it off either. I'm at a loss.

There's also still just a little sand left that I'll try to siphon out.

View attachment 282423View attachment 282424

The second pic is of the sand.

I'd let the tank dry for a couple of days, then try again with the vinegar

Sent via echolocation

Back
Top Bottom