new 100 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryan

Aquarium Advice Freak
would a 100 gallon tank be ok in an apartment for the floors.also ideas are welcome for fish but leaning towards cichlids.

Well the tank will way 834 pound fully filled so that alot of weight. Might want to check with the management to see if thats alright, and it is, put the tank somewhere close to a support beam.

most land lords would be nervous about a tank of that size. especially if you have tennant that live below you. but i would check any way.

i got another idea i can still get a 100 gallon and keep it at my dads since i go to his house all the time .if not there ill get a 70 for this apartment.

Check your lease, mine only allows for a 20g tank. I had to get a Dr's note to go bigger.

well right now i have a 10 and 32 gallon and nothings wrong maybe ill just get the 70 gallon and put it on support beams.

exodus said:
Marc118 said:
I had to get a Dr's note to go bigger.

Do tell.

I have an anxiety "disorder", Fish tanks work better than xanax...keep my mind off things...

I wanted bigger, lease didnt agree, went to dr, got a note, and now i have a bigger tank.

ryan said:
well right now i have a 10 and 32 gallon and nothings wrong maybe ill just get the 70 gallon and put it on support beams.

Im going to urge you to check your lease, you can have your lease terminated if you break rules. It would be a shame to have to move 3 tanks.

well i live with my mom since im 14 and she says we dont have a lease we just pay rentand the only rules we have is 2 pets only allowed and if each fish counts im way over!!!

Back
Top Bottom