Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-26-2011, 05:36 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

New 10g up and running

I got my girlfriends Betta moved over to it's new home in a 10g tank. Running a Topfin60 filter on it (too much filtration, but I can adjust it to only do about 1/3 of normal water flow). The filter was in my 55g tank, and my nitrites have already dived down.

So far I have:

1x Male Betta
4x Pygmy Cories
3x Fancy Guppies
2x ADF

I've read NOT to do Guppies w/Betta's, but I have also read how many Betta's differ from another. For instance... my betta kills shrimp, but so far is totally getting along with the Guppies. The lady at the LFS that I got them from ( she is a moderator on planet catfish) said to try the gups, and if they are being threatened by the Betta that I can return them to her for something else.

I'm thinking about upping the Cories to 6. Depending on stock, may also get 3 halfbeaks.

Suggestions, criticism, etc all welcome.

Thanks!

oh and btw, I'll get some pics up as soon as I make my slate cave for the tank and finish the deco.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com