NEW 120 G AQUARIUM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Murat

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all!
I am from Turkey.
I have an aquarium at school which is 42 gallons and heavily planted with diy CO2 and 120W florescent lightning and a hang over filter. It has 30 neons, 8 cardinal tetras, 12 diamond tetras, 10 emperor tetra, 8 Colombian tetra, 6 head and tail glows, 6 black skirts, 1 small angel, 8 black neons, 2 placo running for 5 months without any deaths. One third of PWC every week with rested water.On Monday I am going to order a bigger aquarium. Its probable sizes are
60 inches
19.6 inches
23.6 inches(height)
For the new aquarium today I bought 20 of 5 cm sized congo tetra.
1_Now what would you advice about the size of the aquarium? It will also be a planted one.
2_What fish and number should I transfer from the current aquarium to the new one?
3_How can I make the silicon harmless for the fish?
4_Is it enough to transfer filter media to the new aquarium to help cycling?

Hi, the bigger the better IMO for the new tank. Whatever size you can manage.

Don't transfer any fish until you have done a fishless cycle.

Silicone used in aquariums is harmless to fish, I don't know exactly what you are referring to.

Seeding the filters will help the cycle but it will not give you a full cycle. This article will give you a good overview of how to speed up your cycle.

I'd love to see a pic opf your 42 gal tank.

Here is the pic of my 42 after 20 new congo tetras are added. After 2 hours of the addition I saw a few cases where a few congo tetras chased neons and diamonds. Do you think they can be put together?

Attachments

• picture_005_101.jpg
    picture_005_101.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 55
Back
Top Bottom