New 16 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
View attachment 237111View attachment 237112View attachment 237113

Hello everyone

I just upgraded my little 5 gallon tank.

I have my old filter media running in the new fluval c2.

Planning on getting some real plants. It kind of looks empty. I used some of my old decorations.

I build the stand for it as well.

Right now I'm fish less before I have all the water parameters. I am waiting for my API fresh water master test kit

And I would love some suggestions..

Micro rasboras would be a better option. A school of red ruby tetras would look really neat with a few low light plants.

Dwarf gourami and some tetras or rasboras with a oto on the bottom

Can you keep oto's singly ?

No, they should be in groups. :) they are very sensitive fish the first few weeks to month so shouldn't be added until the tank is established. You'll most likely lose some or all the first few weeks but should be good after the first month. Acclimate them VERY slowly since I believe most of them are wild caught.

Dwarf gourami and some tetras or rasboras with a oto on the bottom

This is very similar to my 10 gallon stocking, a dwarf gourami, five glowlight tetras and four otos. They all play nice together and look good moving through the plants and driftwood.

You could probably double the tetra stocking since your tank if it is 24" long or add another shoal of five rasboras and still be good. According to the best educated guess on Aqadvisor, my 10 gallon is at 103%, but only 67% in a 15G tank.

Back
Top Bottom