New 20 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Comunista

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What should I put in it? I'm thinking of adding several <1inch Goldies in there...perhaps a log or something where they might hide.

Also, what type of filter do you recommend?

Well, i woulden't go with goldies. There are so many other exciting fish other than them goldies. A 20gal with the right heater anf filtration would make a good home for some dwarf cichlids. Most dwarf cichlids are good community fish too so you could have some tetras/rasboras/danios/minnows whatever!

I would recommend an aquaclear filter the appropriate size for the tank.
if you do go with goldied i would double the size of the filter just because they produce so much waste.

BTW imperialists are people too

is it a 20 long or 20 tall?

if it is a 20 tall i would do...
-School of 6-8 Zebra Danios
-2 Coolie Loach
-Pair of Dwarf or Sunset Gourami

if 20 long...
-Pair of Dwarf Cichlids (Rams or Apistos)
-School 8-10 Neon or Cardinal Tetra
-3-5 Cory
-some ottos

both tank versions would be planted :D

If I had a 20 gallon I'd probably do something like this:

10 Long-fin Gold Danios or Long-fin Zebra Danios
4 Pygmy Cories
1 African Dwarf Frog
1 Dwarf Gourami

My mistake, it is actually a 30 gallon tank. I seem to have miscalculated the dimensions. :oops:

The dimensions are 13X19X30 inches, approximately 7410 cubic inches, or 32 Gallons.

I would always recommend a filter that is a little more than what you need for the tank. For example if you have a 30 gallon tank, go with the filter that is made for a 55 gallon. You don't have to by any means, but having extra filtration is something that keeps a tank healthier and gives you more capacity of fish.

goldielockzh4.jpg

Cool. How many goldies did you put in it? I see 3 and the nose of another. I'm guessing you didn't bother cycling either, so keep an eye on the ammonia if you want them to live.

It was already cycled...the fish are fine and the water is clear. I'll post more pics later.

i think it is a sarassa commet if i am not mistaken. They get big, like 2' big. Veru nice fish though. I think the fantails will be happy in there though. Good job comunista. I like how you left lots of open swimming space for the fish, they will appreciate that!

Back
Top Bottom