New 20g tank accessories advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Posivated

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well I was originally going to upgrade my 10g to a 30g I've decided to go with a 20g Long tank because I like the look of them. I was at my lfs today and was browsing the accessories that I plan to buy soon with my new tank. Once I order my stand I will be buying the tank once it arrives (So probably about a week from today)

Filter - Aqueon Quietflow 20
Heater - Fluval 100w (Cool look to it, willing to take other suggestions though)
Substrate - Eco Complete (I plan on having some live plants)

Still looking for a stand, cant decide if I want one that has storage but is made from wood materials or a metal stand without storage. If anyone has any suggestions on stands and where is a good place to find one let me know, thanks.

With the filter id get a bigger one thats rated for a little more like for a 40 gallon. With the stand i prefer wood with storage over anything. If your good with a screw gun and hammer you can maybe build your own stand for cheaper. But im not sur whatba stand costs for that size tank.

Well the wooden stands with storage are around 100$ and the metal without are about 50$. My only concern with the wooden ones if its going to bubble up if I drip water on it doing water changes. And for the filter I should maybe get a Quietflow 30? Are the Aqueon Quietflows a good choice or is there something better I should get?

Well the wooden stands with storage are around 100$ and the metal without are about 50$. My only concern with the wooden ones if its going to bubble up if I drip water on it doing water changes. And for the filter I should maybe get a Quietflow 30? Are the Aqueon Quietflows a good choice or is there something better I should get?

No the stands n wood can take a good bit of water. When I do maintenance I just wipe it up if I drip anything. Personally I like the aqua clear filters the best. Whaatever you go with I wouldn't go for anything rated above a 45 gallon.

Have you seen the eheim jager heaters? Theyre nice looking as heaters go.

Are they easy to set the temp? Mine at the moment doesn't have any numbers it just has a + side and a -side and is very hard to get the temp you want.

Back
Top Bottom