New 25g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tcal01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello. I'm new to this site and about to start a 25g tank. I would like some input on my fish choice. I was thinking of 1dwarf gourami, two small schools of barbs and two red tail sharks. Will this work?

Hello. I'm new to this site and about to start a 25g tank. I would like some input on my fish choice. I was thinking of 1dwarf gourami, two small schools of barbs and two red tail sharks. Will this work?

I wouldn't go with two sharks. One would get two big for a 25g. I have a Powder Blue Gourami right now, and I love it!

Yah I had a dwarf a while go and he was kind of aggressive. But I think that was only because he was a male. I think i might substitute the sharks then for clown loaches. Do u think I could put killifish in?

Tcal01 said:
Yah I had a dwarf a while go and he was kind of aggressive. But I think that was only because he was a male. I think i might substitute the sharks then for clown loaches. Do u think I could put killifish in?

Clown loaches probably wouldn't be good either, they need a minimum of a 75g tank. They can actually grow pretty big. :)

Tcal01 said:

Depending on the killie yes. The clown loaches are a no go either. You could try cories instead.

While you're considering stocking options, might I also suggest researching cycling your tank prior to getting fish. There's two links in my signature: 'new empty tank' and 'what is cycling.' Good luck!

Yes I've been doing some research on cycling and also have been reading about other people cycling on this site. Thank you for your links :)

Tcal01 said:
Do they get along with gouramis? And wut ships I get for a bottom feeder?

I love cories! IMO most all the cories would be great in there!!! I think ottos and loaches would be good. Maybe shrimp, but it all depends on the temperament of the gourami. But that's all up to you:)

Back
Top Bottom