New 29 gallon aquarium and need help stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rolf

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So i recently purchased a 29 gallon aquarium kit from petsmart and bought an additional filter (Aquaclear 50) for added filtration. It will have a sand bottom and mostly be planted with fake plants with a water wisteria. I'm just waiting on a stand for it so I can start the cycle (I'm ordering an angelsplus active filter plus I'm gonna transfer the sand and decor from a smaller 10 gallon I have so hopefully it shouldn't take too long). I was thinking panda cories for the bottom, 2 small schools of active fish and a centerpiece such as a single angel or another small cichlid although I would love an angel. Any suggestions or ideas?

Sounds like a good plan. You could do a single angel but you'd have to be careful on what you stock with it as they can eat smaller tetras and such. You could also do a pair (or single) of dwarf cichlids like rams, apistos, or kribs, plus maybe a dwarf or honey gourami providing you give the cichlids some decor it can claim as its territory. I have a similar tank that holds a school of rummy nose tetra, neon tetra, 1 honey gourami, and 1 german blue ram (plus a couple of different types of snails and some red cherry shrimp). Very happy with all of those fish except for perhaps the neons (6 out of 11 total died, but the surviving 5 are doing great -- for reference I went 9/9 with my rummy nose tetra).

Back
Top Bottom