New 36 Gallon Bowfront

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sydneypaige690

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just upgraded from a 20, this is for cataloging my new tank's journey! Feel free to comment/give advice/ask questions!

I ordered the Top Fin Aquarium Cabinet Stand and when I got the email that it was here (the day after I ordered it online) I went to my Petsmart where I also bought the Aqueon tank. They fit in my Kia Soul very nicely ☺️

That night my mom and I put together the stand because obvi I couldn't wait.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421205147.466240.jpg

I had to wait to get started because my room had to be finished painting. That ended yesterday so last night I hit up petsmart again (they must be so tired of me) and bought white National Geographic Aquarium sand. After school today I hurried to have enough daylight left to clean the sand. IMO that idea was a total waste of time and warmth because it is really cold here in Lufkin, Texas and the sand was hardly dirty. Rinsing it just hurt my back and made me lose a lot of my precious sand out of my buckets. So after that fiasco I put all the sand in (25 pounds was just enough for all you people wondering how much you need for the 36 Bowfront) and arranged my decor. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421205543.852550.jpg

My filter is now going so hopefully I can put my Peppered corydoras and sunburst platy in by Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's cute! Congrats on the upgrade! I love a tank between 30-40 gallons. Easily manageable but big enough to really house some cool fish. Do you have an idea of what the stocking plan is going to be?

Thank you, Jun! I'm planning on getting a breeding pair of convict cichlids. I don't know how they will respond to my corydoras and platy but I'm hoping that since they will be established in the new tank before the young convicts the convicts will respect them enough not to kill them...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom