africans, as you can get whole colonies of them with loads of different personalities like with mbuna, and the colours are stunning.
pros: great colour variations, easy to feed, individual personalities, breed usually quite well
cons: some can be very nasty, some wont breed at all for aaaages, they can poop alot, conditions must be ideal.
options for ur tank from africans:
- colony of mbuna, hap, peacock or similar
- big angel or kribensis tank
- colourful like jewel cichlids
- wierd like african buffalo cichlid colony
options for ur tank from americans:
- an oscar or JD
- convicts, red devils or texas cichlids and similar
- discus (very pretty!)
- blood parrots or severums
- keyhole, firemouth etc
- not sure about flowerhorn - ur tank may be too small.
there are hundreds of other possibilities for both types, but these are my guidelines lol