New 55g Freshwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AtoZ Cichlids

Aquarium Advice Freak
I will be getting a 55gallon aquarium soon and my dad plans on cutting a hole in the wall to place the tank in and build a drink bar infront of it in or main room. It will be accessable from the otherside via basement stairs. I suggested African cichlids and he really likes the idea of that. Ill be the one setting up the tank and decideing what goes in (as long as he doesnt disagree that is) But what would you guys recommend as far as fish for this cichlid tank (not a breeding tank, nor a species tank) I like the idea of a center piece fish but that can be a challange with cichlids. Let me know what you guys would like to do with this tank!

A south American or Asian biotope would be cool. For the south American tank you could have about 4 angelfish with hatchet fish at the top and school of rummy nose or bleeding heart tetras in the middle. At the bottom some corydoras would be nice. Vallineria would be the perfect plant. In the Asian biotope you could add some pearl Gouramis with danios or medaks rice fish at the top. For the midsection, scissor tail rasboras or black ruby barbs would look nice. Bottom dwellers could include kuhli loaches and plants could be cryptocoryne.

A Bala Shark would be pretty cool but they do get pretty big. I have one myself and it nips at my plants :ROFLMAO:

A Bala Shark would be pretty cool but they do get pretty big. I have one myself and it nips at my plants :ROFLMAO:

Um a balls shark is a big NO! Balas get huge, I forgot how long but I know there not suited for a 55g. There also incredibly active. I think bettaowner gave the best stocking list or idea

Bala sharks can reach about 16 inches in length. They are very skittish and active so there is a chance that in a small tank they would run into the glass. To top it off, they are social and prefer to be in groups.

Honestly when it comes to angels I would start out with 4 and as soon as they pair up you Need to separate the other 2 angels.

Okay Can any one suggest a good stock list of peacocks. The tank will have white sand with dark rocks!

So he wants this fish so I will probably take the advantage of this being a species tank and see if I cant get some breeding going on in this tank. I have no knowledge on this fish and plan on researching them right now. Also I wanna foccus on the these fish in this tank for a while... heres a pic.

Attachments

• image-4242626980.jpg
    image-4242626980.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 48
Back
Top Bottom