New 60 Gallon (Now 40b) Build!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great looking guy! Lots of color!

Hes looking more and more like my angel! The two we have were the best two of the nine lol

Thanks my sister likes seeing pics of him in his new home :)

of course. :) He's an awesome little guy. lots of personality. I'm glad i got him from ya.

yeah from the pictures they looked like the best ones!

Gboy66 said:
Happy the little guy went to a gret home:)

Yeah, there was a chance he could have been going to Puerto Rico. Yikes I've been to Puerto Rico, definately not a place for a little angelfish

Got the new stand today! :) the doors are still being finished so they will be added later. The lack of doors might come in handy with the setup and running all my hoses.

Attachments

• image-723725455.jpg
    image-723725455.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 73
Looks freaking awesome!! Your dad did a great job. I'd be a little Leary of that small tank hanging over the edge that much btw lol :)

George9 said:
Looks freaking awesome!! Your dad did a great job. I'd be a little Leary of that small tank hanging over the edge that much btw lol :)

The stand is huge! The shelf pieces on the top can be removed to accommodate either a 48" or 60" tank as well. I have some growing room now!

lol the tank isn't hanging over as much as it looks like. If I had any doubt about its stability it'd be somewhere else :)

skywhitney said:
The stand is huge! The shelf pieces on the top can be removed to accommodate either a 48" or 60" tank as well. I have some growing room now!

lol the tank isn't hanging over as much as it looks like. If I had any doubt about its stability it'd be somewhere else :)

Very nice :)

I can officially say that Persicaria 'Kawagoeanum' does not like the low end of the light spectrum.

It's growing great in my emersed setup though! I have to trim it pretty soon actually.

skywhitney said:
I can officially say that Persicaria 'Kawagoeanum' does not like the low end of the light spectrum.

It's growing great in my emersed setup though! I have to trim it pretty soon actually.

Yesssss finally lol. I've been waiting for this plant ha

Hey George, Here is an updated pic of Lucky for you and your sister. He's doing great man!

Attachments

• Lucky 09-19-12.jpg
    Lucky 09-19-12.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 100
so i kinda let this tank fall to the back burner with the new reef taking my attention but i'm going to be hooking up the CO2 again and I am now running a dual T5 with my geismann bulbs again. I'll post a FTS to show how it looks now once i get it cleaned up a bit.

skywhitney said:
so i kinda let this tank fall to the back burner with the new reef taking my attention but i'm going to be hooking up the CO2 again and I am now running a dual T5 with my geismann bulbs again. I'll post a FTS to show how it looks now once i get it cleaned up a bit.

Nice!! I knew it wouldnt be a low tech tank for long. LolI'm interested to see how it's looking. Are you having any algae problems running a dual t5 ho?

Nice!! I knew it wouldnt be a low tech tank for long. LolI'm interested to see how it's looking. Are you having any algae problems running a dual t5 ho?

lol i'm having a number of issues i need to get under control. I feel bad, i let this tank go to the dogs. I just did close to a 75% pwc and i'm going to figure out a way to run this CO2 (might have to get a new atomizer). The plants aren't looking that hot but they got used to so low light that they are having to re-acclimate to the higher light now. given a few weeks I should be able to get it under control again :)

Here is the FTS, as i said it still needs some help lol.

Attachments

• 20121021_231408.jpg
    20121021_231408.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
skywhitney said:
lol i'm having a number of issues i need to get under control. I feel bad, i let this tank go to the dogs. I just did close to a 75% pwc and i'm going to figure out a way to run this CO2 (might have to get a new atomizer). The plants aren't looking that hot but they got used to so low light that they are having to re-acclimate to the higher light now. given a few weeks I should be able to get it under control again :)

Dude i tell everyone the same thing but nobody listens. If you are a freshie and you go saltwater, you will neglect your freshwater tanks. Haha happened to me and it happens to almost everyone. You of all people should still love your freshwater tank because your plants are on steroids and grow super fast! :p

Dude i tell everyone the same thing but nobody listens. If you are a freshie and you go saltwater, you will neglect your freshwater tanks. Haha happened to me and it happens to almost everyone. You of all people should still love your freshwater tank because your plants are on steroids and grow super fast! :p

They haven't for quite a while buddy! Once i hook up the CO2 again, i'm going to look for some nice plants to fill in the right side of the tank and we'll see if i get back to insanely fast growing plants. Who knows, i might even venture into dwarf sag again...

Back
Top Bottom