New 60 Gallon (Now 40b) Build!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
alright, the water is much clearer now so here it is!

Edit: just as a test i put my tiny little cheapy LED bar on the tank and i was shocked to see the colors as vivid and bright as they were! I have never seen the Angel with the same elecric blue color she had. Seeing the tank with LEDs that cheap just quelled any hesitation i had about buying LEDs for this tank!

Attachments

• Tank 08-04-12 (2).jpg
    Tank 08-04-12 (2).jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Tcal01 said:
Lookin good! Have you thought about tying that anubias to the dw?

I did. I might get another small piece if DW to add tie it to and add it to the right side

George9 said:
What are the little bitty stems growing in front?

The little green bunches? If so they're Hemianthus micranthemoides AKA Baby Tears

George9 said:
Cool! How are they doing with no co2?

Great, i'm not noticing any difference in growth. It has a very natural flowing feel to it.

skywhitney said:
Great, i'm not noticing any difference in growth. It has a very natural flowing feel to it.

Thats awesome, ive always liked baby tears.

I went to the LFS to get some nice stones for my tank but just couldn't bring myself to spend the $$$ on them so I just came home and as i got out of the trick i looked down and realized that i have a ton of large river rock in my yard! talk about feeling dumb. Once i realized this the dog and I went on a rock hunt in the front yard and I found about 5 nice stones. I have them soaking in a bucket right now to make sure all is good before i put it in the tank.

skywhitney said:
I went to the LFS to get some nice stones for my tank but just couldn't bring myself to spend the $$$ on them so I just came home and as i got out of the trick i looked down and realized that i have a ton of large river rock in my yard! talk about feeling dumb. Once i realized this the dog and I went on a rock hunt in the front yard and I found about 5 nice stones. I have them soaking in a bucket right now to make sure all is good before i put it in the tank.

Cool! I wish I could find river rocks in my yard. They're gonna look sick!!

Cool! I wish I could find river rocks in my yard. They're gonna look sick!!

Here's hoping the rock stays together!

edit: the more i think about it the more i don't want to use these rocks cause i don't know if they've been sprayed with pesticides or herbicides before. I don't think i really want to take the chance. crap.

Last edited:
skywhitney said:
Here's hoping the rock stays together!

edit: the more i think about it the more i don't want to use these rocks cause i don't know if they've been sprayed with pesticides or herbicides before. I don't think i really want to take the chance. crap.

Ooh good point. I never would have thiught . If you really want to use them you could scrub them and boil them a lot, but still

Ooh good point. I never would have thiught . If you really want to use them you could scrub them and boil them a lot, but still

yeah i thought about that but i'd still feel uneasy about it. i guess i'll have to go out to the mountains and get some out there.

skywhitney said:
yeah i thought about that but i'd still feel uneasy about it. i guess i'll have to go out to the mountains and get some out there.

Bet there's some cool rocks out there :)

Back
Top Bottom