New 75 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Twood9615

Aquarium Advice Activist
I currently have a 25 gallon and a 46 gallon running and the fish I have are getting too big ? so I am setting up a 75 gallon tank soon and getting rid of the other two so that they will have more room to grow. My question is will I have to cycle the 75 or will I be able to transfer the gravel and declarations from the other two into the 75 and transfer the existing established filters and be okay? I have a fluval 406 which is rated for 100 gallons running on the 46 gallon and a canister rated for 30 gallons on the 25. I was planning on moving all the contents of the old tanks into the 75 and setting up both canisters on it and hopefully be able to move the fish the same day. I was also going to move water from the two old tanks into he new one to fill most of it and top it off with new water. Will this be okay for the fish as long as I acclimate them to temperature change between the moves or is this still going to upset the new tank and hurt my fish? Any help is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Your filters are going to hold most the bacteria with a bit on the deco and in the substrate. I would set it up with everything from the old tanks minus the water. You'd probably be ok rinsing the deco and substrate if it's dirty and still end up with a cycled tank.

Your filters are going to hold most the bacteria with a bit on the deco and in the substrate. I would set it up with everything from the old tanks minus the water. You'd probably be ok rinsing the deco and substrate if it's dirty and still end up with a cycled tank.

^+1^
Keep your existing filters running and in good shape and the BB "is in there"!

So it would be safe to move the fish the same day(as long as I acclimate them for temperature obviously)?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom