New 75 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J6_DAVIS

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone, I am looking for some opinions and help.

I have kept tanks for most of my life with the exception of the last 7 years ( moving mishap, cracked tank, orphan fish,adoptive parents) but that's a story for another day. I recently helped my 15 yo setup her first tank and got the itch. I am in the planning stage and wanting to set up a new 75 gallon tank that can be seen from both front and back that will sit behind a sectional couch with the back open to rest of the room.

My intent is to use the a fluvall 407 that hangs to the side of of the aquarium rather the back for aesthetics. I chose the 75 since has the increased width. I will have the back of the stand to the back of the couch and will drill holes in the side of the stand to feed tubing to the filter. This is going to have the return and intake tubes rather close together.

What I am asking is for any better ideas on my plan or Any reason this would not work. I do realize it may not be the most ideal setup but your help is most appreciated.

Have you considered a wet/dry filter (sump)? For a tank that large, a wet/dry is very efficient. You could put the sump and pump under the stand. Also, if you haven't bought the tank yet, seriously consider acrylic. Much more expensive than glass, but much nicer, lighter, and virtually unbreakable. They work well with sumps as you can drill inflow and outflows into the acrylic.

Back
Top Bottom