New African Dwarf frog tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hunterv16

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! New to the site and just got a 10gal tank after years of not having one.

I want a small community tank but don’t want to over crowd and my main will be a few African dwarf frogs.

I’ve read a few different sites on take mates and am still getting mixed reviews on the tank mates that are safe and won’t over crowd my tank.

I know for sure I don’t want a whole bunch of live breeder hassle because I’m still just starting out again.

I’d like maybe 2-3 ADF. A bottom/algae feeder( need suggestions, I read on multiple site plecos aren’t good tank mates) and MAYBE, if not over crowding, some small fish (also need suggestions)

I just got the tank water and decor set up and it should be ready to add the frogs in next week.

Any suggestions on tank mates and ADF care is much appreciated!

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Frogs and fish should not be kept together. Frogs eat small fish, snails and shrimp.
If the fish get sick, the medication used to treat them usually kills the frog.

Frogs should have sand on the bottom of the tank so if they swallow it, then it won't block up their intestine. Bigger gravel can cause problems.

Cycle the aquarium to get the beneficial filter bacteria growing before adding fish or frogs. It normally takes around 4-6 weeks (sometimes longer) to cycle the tank. If you don't want to cycle the tank first, add a heap of live aquatic plants and let them grow for a few weeks before adding fish or frogs.

Use an air operated sponge filter or a power filter with a sponge on the intake. Frogs don't normally come from fast flowing water and can be injured if they get sucked into a power filter.

Feed them a variety of frozen foods like brineshrimp, daphnia, bloodworms, etc.

Back
Top Bottom