New and a few questions about protein skimmers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garethmelling

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have been thinking about replacing the water pump in the tank that I have at the minute due it being a tad loud and was told I should upgrade to a protein skimmer. Would that just replace the water pump that I have in at the minute and would it be a good idea thanks all advice taken on board

Who told you to get a protein skimmer? Protein skimmers are made for salt water use. They just won't work properly in a fresh water tank and will basically be overpriced powerheads.

Was told at a lfs so wount be going there for advise again thanks for the heads up

Who told you to get a protein skimmer? Protein skimmers are made for salt water use. They just won't work properly in a fresh water tank and will basically be overpriced powerheads.

Any advice on a good pump for a 200l

Iv got neon and glow tetras in there at the minute and going to add clown loach the pump at the min is pretty loud

Iv got neon and glow tetras in there at the minute and going to add clown loach the pump at the min is pretty loud

What size tank is this? Clown loaches need a very large tank and they also need to be kept in groups. This requires a 100g+ aquarium.

And by what are you using it for I mean is it for a sump, filter, or water circulation.

200 litre tank and sump it's got filters in three chambers at the back if you no what I mean

Back
Top Bottom