New Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MATESkid2016

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,
I just started up a new freshwater aquarium 2 days ago and I have 2 african dwarf frogs that I have had to almost 2 years now (since they are extremely hardy) and 2 neon tetras to help the tank cycle faster... I bought a brand new API Freshwater Master Test Kit today and followed the exact instructions... I was very pleasantly surprised when I received all perfect readings for Ammonia, Nitrate, and Nitrite (0ppm) and an almost perfect pH level (7.2). I would almost expect the Nitrate and Nitrite levels to be where they are because I have live plants...But, I don't understand why the Ammonia level would be perfect...Is something bad going to happen really quickly or did I just get really really lucky because I added a little of the water from my other tank (probably not even 20ml)...Thank you :fish2:

This tank will still need to cycle. It takes awhile for ammonia to build up.

Its been roughly 4 weeks since I set up the tank and all the levels are perfect again... Its ok to add fish right?

Back
Top Bottom