New beta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TristanS1997

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all. So I'm going to go get a beta tomorrow, what are the first things I should do to get the little guy acclimated to his new home? Also how often should I feed him?

Have you cycled the tank he will be going in? make sure the tank is five (or more) us gallons. Ten is better but five is fine, feeding a betta shrimp pellets is what I used to feed mine years ago, a variety of foods is better such as that and dried blood worms or something similar. To acclimate him, you could drip acclimate or just simply float the bag.

Would using the beta water conditioner be fine in place of cycling the tank? My wife is kinda impatient and wants to get him asap

Well you put it in once (I put In a bit more then directed but is won't hurt) and you add prime. After add Sechem stability as directed for 7 days. This will help your cycle

Well you put it in once (I put In a bit more then directed but is won't hurt) and you add prime. After add Sechem stability as directed for 7 days. This will help your cycle
That's after adding dechlorinator right? And after I add the tss and prime, in goes the fish and the sechem for the next 7 days?

Yes, TSS then Seachem prime then fish then 24 hours later start Seachem stability for 7 days

Tetra Safe Start and Seachem stability will not completely cycle your tank, but they may help some. I still wouldn't add a fish until you completely cycle the tank.

Bacteria in a bottle, like Tetra Safe Start, is a supplement. If that is the route you take, you are doing a fish-in cycle.

The gas bubbles will pop on their own as the water moves around them.

Back
Top Bottom