Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-27-2011, 06:36 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Siobhan
New BioOrb Tank. Fish recommendations?

Hello my name is Siobhan. I currently have a Bio Orb tank with 10 danios and a loach, I wouldn't reccommend this tank. I am thinking of getting a 125 L Jewel tank (fresh water) and priming this using the Danios. Could anyone reccommend a good mix of compatable fish. Much appreciated

Old 01-27-2011, 07:34 PM   #2

Welcome to AA!

Depends, what kind of danios and loaches are they? What kind of fish do you like?

Old 01-27-2011, 07:37 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

grettings siob;

brazhydanio rerio suits with alot of different types of fish, as long as the fish you purchase additionally is friendly towards other types of fish.

sincerely;
nrk.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:57 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyspot1000
Welcome to AA!

Depends, what kind of danios and loaches are they? What kind of fish do you like?
Thank You!
I have dumped the biorb out in the shed and I bought the 120 Jewel tank and cycled it with filter media and 4 dannios, after 4 wks I added 3 honey gourami then week 5, 3 pearl gourami then week 6, 9 very young red plattys, and i put Plecoptera. In two days ago. Have i over stocked ? if I have then I would consider getting a bigger 250 jewel tank in a year or so. I do 20% water changes weekly and I haven't lost any fish to date. I have started using Easy Balance as I was told it was good for keeing the ph at a safe level, should I stop using this?
Thank You
Siobhan
Old 03-13-2011, 05:05 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Newbie

[QUOTE="Siobhan"]Hello my name is Siobhan. I currently have a 120 L Jewel cycled tank, with 4 rose Dannios, 3 Honey Gouramis 3 Pearl Gouramis and 9 very young red platys and a plecoptera ]
Old 03-13-2011, 09:26 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to ejaramillo01
Your 120L tank is around 30G tank,

I think that you are pushing the bioload with your actual stock, mainly because your fish will be bigger as an adults. If the pletco is a common one, for sure is not right for your tank, if this is the case try to returned to the lfs and look for a small type of pletco, like the brittlenose pletco.
ejaramillo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 02:09 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

greetings siob;

every CM of fish needs one litre of water, that is the recommendation professionals in the aquarium business give. did your aquaium salesmen not tell yo u this?
i cannot tell you if you are 'over stocking', but always keep in mind that some fish grow to a rather large size.

i cannot recommend using any chemicals in your aquarium, this includes Easy Balance and every single other type of artificial aquarium water enhancement. the only thing i use, besides Aquarium plant neutrients, is Bactozym, which enables an quick aquarium start. i've not had any negative experiences with this but that being said, i've only used it 4 times. 2 times where i've begun an aquarium, once where i wasn't sure if i had to use it, and once where i made a major water change. i am aware that the majority of users here recommend water testers and excessive use of chemicals, but i do not recommend such.

additionally, 20% water chance once a week seems more frequent than me. i supose it's because your fish specimins need much more clean water. I change ~30% water every 2-3 weeks, and i clean my filter every 2-3 weeks aswell, but never at the same time. (i.e week one, change water, week two, clean filter, week four, clean water. etc)

sincerely;
nrk.

Tags
bio, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com