New BioOrb Tank. Fish recommendations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Siobhan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello my name is Siobhan. I currently have a Bio Orb tank with 10 danios and a loach, I wouldn't reccommend this tank. I am thinking of getting a 125 L Jewel tank (fresh water) and priming this using the Danios. Could anyone reccommend a good mix of compatable fish. Much appreciated

Welcome to AA!

Depends, what kind of danios and loaches are they? What kind of fish do you like?

grettings siob;

brazhydanio rerio suits with alot of different types of fish, as long as the fish you purchase additionally is friendly towards other types of fish.

sincerely;
nrk.

tyspot1000 said:
Welcome to AA!

Depends, what kind of danios and loaches are they? What kind of fish do you like?
Thank You!
I have dumped the biorb out in the shed and I bought the 120 Jewel tank and cycled it with filter media and 4 dannios, after 4 wks I added 3 honey gourami then week 5, 3 pearl gourami then week 6, 9 very young red plattys, and i put Plecoptera. In two days ago. Have i over stocked ? if I have then I would consider getting a bigger 250 jewel tank in a year or so. I do 20% water changes weekly and I haven't lost any fish to date. I have started using Easy Balance as I was told it was good for keeing the ph at a safe level, should I stop using this?
Thank You
Siobhan

Siobhan said:
Hello my name is Siobhan. I currently have a 120 L Jewel cycled tank, with 4 rose Dannios, 3 Honey Gouramis 3 Pearl Gouramis and 9 very young red platys and a plecoptera ]

Your 120L tank is around 30G tank,

I think that you are pushing the bioload with your actual stock, mainly because your fish will be bigger as an adults. If the pletco is a common one, for sure is not right for your tank, if this is the case try to returned to the lfs and look for a small type of pletco, like the brittlenose pletco.

greetings siob;

every CM of fish needs one litre of water, that is the recommendation professionals in the aquarium business give. did your aquaium salesmen not tell yo u this?
i cannot tell you if you are 'over stocking', but always keep in mind that some fish grow to a rather large size.

i cannot recommend using any chemicals in your aquarium, this includes Easy Balance and every single other type of artificial aquarium water enhancement. the only thing i use, besides Aquarium plant neutrients, is Bactozym, which enables an quick aquarium start. i've not had any negative experiences with this but that being said, i've only used it 4 times. 2 times where i've begun an aquarium, once where i wasn't sure if i had to use it, and once where i made a major water change. i am aware that the majority of users here recommend water testers and excessive use of chemicals, but i do not recommend such.

additionally, 20% water chance once a week seems more frequent than me. i supose it's because your fish specimins need much more clean water. I change ~30% water every 2-3 weeks, and i clean my filter every 2-3 weeks aswell, but never at the same time. (i.e week one, change water, week two, clean filter, week four, clean water. etc)

sincerely;
nrk.

Back
Top Bottom