New fish for 4 gallons?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DielleGesix

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys,

A while ago I had to move some fish to a bigger tank and now I have an empty 4 gallon (15 litre) tank. It's fully planted, the water is still cycling, I have a few snails in it and I can buy a heater if I need to (and find one small enough) though I'dd prefer not to.

Does anyone have some advice for small fish, shrimps or other critters that do well in such a small space? If they eat the snails (or their eggs/babies) that's fine.

I'd also prefer to have at least 2 species (a fish and a cleaning critter) in the tank that can live together.

In all honesty the only fish that could comfortably fit in a 4 gallon would be a betta or a dwarf killifish but that's about it on the fish end. You could keep cherry shrimp, ghost shrimp, one or two Amano shrimp, bumblebee shrimp etc. If you're looking for a terrestrial creature then a young tarantula could comfortably fit in there, but should be upgraded to a ten gallon when older. Happy stocking!

Back
Top Bottom