New fish for my 7.9g tank..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocncheffy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Alright so I returned my Black Skirt tetras since they seemed to eat my RCS as I only have 2 out of the 6 left.. Currently I have 2 Nerite snails, 1 Zebra Molly I'm temporarily holding for a friend, and one Otto. What do you recommend I should stock this tank with again?
I'm planning on getting 5 more RCS, 2 more Otto's to fight the algae on the glass, and whatever else you guys recommend. I did see some glowlight tetra's that looked pretty cool, but the Molly I have now seems to get along with my shrimp. So could I stock a few more of them?

Alright so I returned my Black Skirt tetras since they seemed to eat my RCS as I only have 2 out of the 6 left.. Currently I have 2 Nerite snails, 1 Zebra Molly I'm temporarily holding for a friend, and one Otto. What do you recommend I should stock this tank with again?
I'm planning on getting 5 more RCS, 2 more Otto's to fight the algae on the glass, and whatever else you guys recommend. I did see some glowlight tetra's that looked pretty cool, but the Molly I have now seems to get along with my shrimp. So could I stock a few more of them?

Molly's have too big of a bioload for a 7.9 gallon. Either-
Make it a shrimp only tank (you can keep otos)
Ditch the shrimp and get a betta
Keep the shrimp and get celestial pearl danios
Get rid of the shrimp and get celestial pearl danios and a scarlet badis
Ditch the shrimp and get a dwarf puffer

Molly's have too big of a bioload for a 7.9 gallon. Either-
Make it a shrimp only tank (you can keep otos)
Ditch the shrimp and get a betta
Keep the shrimp and get celestial pearl danios
Get rid of the shrimp and get celestial pearl danios and a scarlet badis
Ditch the shrimp and get a dwarf puffer

I like the idea of getting some Danios, but my local LFS doesn't carry specifically "Celestial Pearl" Danios. Will any danio work as well?

I like the idea of getting some Danios, but my local LFS doesn't carry specifically "Celestial Pearl" Danios. Will any danio work as well?

No. All danios I know of need 10 gallon absolute minimum. As do even neons.

You can ask your LFS to order some in.

You're most likely better off just getting more shrimp

You might be able to get away with a school of 6 or 8 nano fish.. Here's my list of cool nano fish I just keep adding to whenever I come across something that interests me.

image-2898817579.jpg

You might be able to get away with a school of 6 or 8 nano fish.. Here's my list of cool nano fish I just keep adding to whenever I come across something that interests me.

Any of the above would work.

But I highly doubt ur fish store will have any of those.

Yes that's probably true, these nano fish are harder to find :/
Sometimes local pet stores will take order requests though, and you can order online.

Any of the above would work.

But I highly doubt ur fish store will have any of those.

I've been noticing the availability of nano fish steadily increasing in the past year or so, and this is coming from someone in HI where the availability of many things FW is terrible (or extremely expensive). Also agree with Kuhligirl, buying online is always an option. PC1 on this forum regularly has CPDs and they're very fairly priced.

Some suggestions I have would be dwarf rasabora species such as chili rasaboras, pheonix rasaboras, neon blue rasaboras some others would be gertrude rainbows, pygmy corys, danio tinwini just to list a few tiny micro fish

Back
Top Bottom