New fish tank help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Think of it this way: if your nitrates are 80ppm then a 50% water change bring it to 40ppm nitrates.

Change as much as you need to get 20ppm or below.

If you plan on adding fish in the next few days then I wouldn't worry about adding ammonia.

Caleb

Okay! I'm at 160 so I'll do a few water changes over the next few days. Then I'll add fish and take pictures :). My eyesore driftwood is still floating lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Little update picture ! 3 guppies in my tank 2 new and 1 of my old trustees (who while hanging out in my friends cichlid tank learned to peck fins) they have been in there now happily, minus the fin pecking for 24 hours. I'm sure they will duke it out themselves ! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446761339.360795.jpg

Awesome!

One last thing, I would recommend quarantining new arrivals. This will prevent any diseases from entering your tank. It will save you a bunch of hassle.

Caleb

Awesome!

One last thing, I would recommend quarantining new arrivals. This will prevent any diseases from entering your tank. It will save you a bunch of hassle.

Caleb

Would I need an extra tank for that? I have a 5 gallon that isn't set up. They were a new batch just shipped in yesterday so I hope they wouldn't have anything!! Didn't even think of that.

Hello again, day 6 I believe. Levels are great. Actually found out my tank is a possible 15 gallon? Based on measurements. I have 3 male guppies and 2 African dwarf frogs in my tank. All my levels are perfect, no fluctuations yet. But then again I haven't done my first water change yet. Technically I need to add 6 female guppies to balance out the male to female ratio. I have quite a bit of aggression going on. When can I add more fish? Running an Aquaclear 30.

Add a little bit at a time like 3 a week. You could add all at once but you would have to watch the ammonia level and prepare to water change incase it spiked.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom