New member in MN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just ordered my Python after a huge fight with my "plumber" husband. He is all worried about back flushing. I didn't read any where that it was UL approved. Does anyone know if it is?

I don't see anything about UL approved, but I am not sure what the concern is. Just use it to fill - it is just a hose on your faucet ... No problems at all.
The emptying of your tank I can see where he might be concerned, but he will be fine when he sees how it works. For me I only use it for filling because I don't want to waste all that water. I do use the hose part for emptying - just not the part that hooks up to the faucet. It is very easy- I just run the hose out the door and it works like a charm!

Good luck! Tell me what you think when you get it

Got my python.. and one word for it..... AMAZING! I like your advice to just use it to fill but I had to use it to empty just once

Teshi said:
Thank you Heather, That's whats been bugging me. Yes when i cycled the tank i did get nitrates but since I've added fish no I haven't.
I just tested my water again 0-ammonia/nitrites/nitrates. Ph is 7.8 I don't have a high ph tester yet but it has been ordered.

Yes I feel like a fanatic checking the water as often as I am but I don't want these fish to die. They all still look great. I just fed them and they are eating. It took a while for them to start but they are. After they are done eating PWC.

What are you testing your water with? My api test kit has a high ph test!!!

After reading this thread, I've ordered one and it should be here next week! Very excited to soon be done with buckets.... I've been draining with a garden hose out the window and will probably continue to do the same thing, but with the python hose.

My tank was about 23 feet from the sink, so I went with the 50'. Thought I'd be cutting it too close with the 25'. That'll be a lot of hose to deal with, but better off in the long run in case we move or something.

Let me know what you think of it. I can't imagine these water changes without it!

mozcheez said:
After reading this thread, I've ordered one and it should be here next week! Very excited to soon be done with buckets.... I've been draining with a garden hose out the window and will probably continue to do the same thing, but with the python hose.

My tank was about 23 feet from the sink, so I went with the 50'. Thought I'd be cutting it too close with the 25'. That'll be a lot of hose to deal with, but better off in the long run in case we move or something.

You'll NEVER regret buying it trust me!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom