New Member setting up a biggy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lordy87

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey Guys,

I'm Luke (FIRST TIME I'VE SIGNED UP TO ONE OF THESE FORUMS SO PLEASE BARE WITH ME!)

I have been keeping fish for about 8 months now all going really well, I already have 2 established tanks. 1 Small one in my bedroom which has 5 cute tetras in. and a larger 55 litre which is a tropical community tank to :)

Anyway enough about me and onto my question, I am in the mids of setting up my new 130 litre Aqua Aspire tank. (Which I love) waters still cycling should be complete and ready to add fish in about a week, I have already reserved 2 large angel fish which I want as my centre piece. Its already filled with driftwood and plants! :ROFLMAO:

I need help on choosing what other fish to but in there I defo want some form of schooling smaller fish, prob some tetras but want something really colourful and on the larger side.(so they don't get any trouble from the angelfish)

Can anyone suggest the tank mates I can put in and the number of fish you'd recommend?

I was thinking 2 small schools (of about 5 each) of tetras???

Please help!

MANY THANKS
LUKE :fish2:

Hi, welcome to the forum :)

I was thinking black skirt tetras but not sure how they go in small schools.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could take a look at Congo tetras but they might be to big for what you want.

Sent from Luca via magic

I'd agree on the congos needing a bigger tank. 13 of them in my 150gal, 4ft tank has it very full at the mid-level. They are also very flighty as well.

Back
Top Bottom