New planted shrimp tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanRamirez57

Aquarium Advice Freak
I switched up my 20 gal to a planted shrimp tank. I left 2 baby mollies both smaller than a dime. Will the baby mollies mess with the shrimp? also I'm using API leaf zone and liquid c02 will hat be ok with the shrimp? Any advice or comments will be greatly appreciated:)

What shrimp are they? Unless the shrimp are super small/having babies idiot see it as too much to worry about. Also, as long as there's no copper(which I doubt it has) you should be fine. Just don't OD.

M1k3y_gumi said:
... I'm assuming spell check auto correction? LOL..

Anyway, in regard to the OP's question.. You should check what metals are contained in the API Leaf Zone. I believe on the back of the bottle there's a website that indicates the metals contained in that product. I've read that shrimp do not do so well with metals (eg. copper).

The mollies shouldn't bother midsize to adult shrimp, but if you want to have baby shrimp I would move the fish to another tank. Tiny baby shrimp are the perfect sized snack for a fish that size

Back
Top Bottom