New tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a feeling that it wouldn't be useful. Gotta love winter time though, none of the stores around here have the pool filter sand in stock :/

You called your local pool and spa stores? I bought mine in the winter and I'm in Canada lol.

No, i checked menards, lowes and home depot. I will call a pool store today.

Ya I had no luck at those stores up here either. All they had was play sand. So I called the local pool supply stores and had no issues getting it. It's easy to clean, and much more appealing.

Ya I had no luck at those stores up here either. All they had was play sand. So I called the local pool supply stores and had no issues getting it. It's easy to clean, and much more appealing.

+1
My pool stores are seasonal, too, but theres enough people with hot tubs/spas and indoor pools that some of the stores do stay open year round but just on limited basis (2-3 days a week). Just call around! :)

Since we do actually have a pool, I know there are different grits and types of filter sand, does any of this matter? I didnt know if some would be rougher or not good for the fish.

Back
Top Bottom