New tank :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Persephone

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So, little update and some news, my guppy tank has finally completed its cycle! And Deuce's tail is fully healed after its tear :)
And I have added a new tank to my set up, lol. My brother was getting rid of a 5.5 gallon, so I bought a little filter for it and I and starting a fishless cycle. I know I could transfer my media from the established guppy tank, but I want the experience of a fishless cycle and am willing to wait.
I am toying with the idea of either doing a planted dwarf puffer tank with one of those adorable little guys, or a planted betta tank with one male. Still unsure, but since the tank is completely bare right now, I can do whatever I want and that is very exciting :)

Sounds good! I know dwarf puffers are hard to feed, but they are really cute. Well, not hard to feed, just harder than a betta.

Sounds good! I know dwarf puffers are hard to feed, but they are really cute. Well, not hard to feed, just harder than a betta.

I have a friend with a dwarf puffer and she has let me feed him before. I don't find it much different than feeding the guppies to be honest. I feed them frozen brine shrimp and blood worms which is what I would feed to the puffer, possibly also adding a small 2 gallon planted snail tank for live food.

Yeah, its not too bad, but it's harder than a betta or guppies, because puffers need/like to eat snails.

Back
Top Bottom