New tank Cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Junyor

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi There:
I need light in this matter with my aquarium, I started a fishless cycle in my 36g tank in Oct. 30, I started with 4.0 PPM Ammonia using Dr. Tim, today I'm still at 4.0 ppm in Ammonia, here's what I have:

1. 36g Tank, with chiller, air stones, 50g filter (aqueon), all the decoration
  2. I added Dr. Tim Ammonia to 4.0 ppm to start cycle, since day 1 I'm at 4.0 ppm
  3. 2 days ago I added Micro lift nite-out II bacteria to jump start the cycling process
  4. Right now my tank water is cloudy (since last friday) and is still at 4.0 ppm (maybe bacterial bloom)
  5. Since I live in the Caribbean my chiller was first set up to 76 degrees F, now I have it in 81 degrees to see if bacteria likes it better.
My question is, I did wrong adding Micro lift? I know cycling a tank can take some time, am I in the right path? do I keep adding micro lift?

Thanks

You'll typically see the ammonia hold steady for a week or so. You could keep adding bacteria but not necessary.

Back
Top Bottom