New tank / fish set-up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KittyKatFishGrl

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello, Im new to AA and the world of fish care... I have a few questions.. I have a 10G, Aqueon filter, 50w heater, cycled tank and 7 fish;

2 Albino Cories
2 Yellow Male Guppies
3 Tetra Glofish

They all seem to get along for the most part but the biggest of the glofish chases the other glofish and guppies sometimes - from research I believe this is just their way of playing but I don't know for sure - should I be worried?

I have noticed the smaller of my male guppies stays hidden at the bottom of the tank away from all the other fish, most of the others are on the right side of the tank hanging out.

I also was wondering if I have overcrowded my tank.

Thanks in advance, I welcome all advice. :thanks:

Welcome! Try looking at aqadvisor.com to find out how full your tank is. As for the guppy, could you post a picture of the tank and/or the guppy itself? More hiding places make the fish feel much safer, and they won't hide as much. Other causes of hiding may be if the other fish are being too aggressive or if the guppy is sick. One last thing I noticed was that you said you have 2 cories, but they prefer to be in larger groups.

I noticed this am that my guppies have white poo hanging from their anus & 1 of my neons is passing white pellets, while my other neon is passing a tan-brown poo - feeding flakes & shrimp pelletsImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446907899.302082.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446907914.025071.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Also what are some of the best quality tropical food brands to feed with, someone suggested my food might be subpar

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

NLS seems to be a favorite for many on here

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Back
Top Bottom