New Tank:Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with phishiephishie. Cycling will take longer typically. The way you cycled your tank could be linked to your guppy's unfortunate death. You also stated that there is no nitrate in your tank which indicates that your tank is not cycled.
Did you do a fish less cycle with ammonia, or fish in?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Good to hear :)
Although I am still concerned about the lack of nitrates.
I also am thinking that the fish in your tank may have something to do with it. It looks as though the Tetra you have is a glofish, which is a GM black shirt tetra. When not kept in schools, they can get very nippy and may have harassed your guppy to death.
Also, did you quarantine fish before adding them to your tank?

It is a Glofish. I have two Glofish now. I kept a close eye on my fish and my Glofish did not show any interest in my guppy and when I looked at him this morning there were no nipped fins, missing scales or anything.

It may have just been a fish that was sick before you purchased it. Unfortunately, this is not unusual. That shows the importance of quarantining fish before adding them to your tank... You never know what they are bringing in.

Would you be able to test your ammonia nitrites and nitrates and tell us what the results are?

Back
Top Bottom