New tank questions.?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieKlein

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello, I just set up my 37 gallon bio wheel aquariumkit! So after rinsing and putting in the gravel, I filled it up. And the water is very very cloudy. I can not even see the back of the tank, is this normal? I am putting in conditioner, but will it be gone soon? Also, my bubbler is very rapid, is that normal? And finally, the lights, should I put the whites from when I wake up till I to to sleep, then the blue during my slumber?

Perfectly normal- stop putting chemicals in, it'll make it worse. Keep your rapid bubbler in the middle of the back of the tank and leave the lights off for a day or so, water changes everyday of at least 10%, though 25% or more is recommended. Just get a water test kit and get your tank balanced, ignore the cloudiness for now, just make sure it stays relatively dark in the tank because it will help clear the water, plus it inhibits algae growth. I also wouldn't keep your whites on for more than 10 hours to keep your tank clearer.

I didn't mean to sound so rude. Sorry. Blue lights aren't necessary, but they look cool!! Once again sorry for the rude reply

Perfectly normal- stop putting chemicals in, it'll make it worse. Keep your rapid bubbler in the middle of the back of the tank and leave the lights off for a day or so, water changes everyday of at least 10%, though 25% or more is recommended. Just get a water test kit and get your tank balanced, ignore the cloudiness for now, just make sure it stays relatively dark in the tank because it will help clear the water, plus it inhibits algae growth. I also wouldn't keep your whites on for more than 10 hours to keep your tank clearer.

Thanks! So will I have to move my bubbler from the corner to the middle? And I will buy a test kit tommorrow.. Should I dose my ammonia tonight?

So I successfully set up the entire tank, its full, everything working properly except the filter.its the marineland penguin 200b. So I put it together as stated in instructions, I rinsed te cartrages, put it in and put the filter in the tank. I then I poured water in the filter. When I plugged it in, it made this loud noise, and the wheel didnt spin. Did I put it together wrong??

Back
Top Bottom