New tank setup help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Speedway

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all

I need a little help with setting up a new tank. The one I am getting is a acrylic seaclear 30g show like this http://www.petco.com/product/109955/SeaClear-Rectangular-30-Gallon-Show-Aquarium-Combos.aspx

No local shops around me have these, so I can't see how the top openings are made. Does anyone have one of these set up with a filtration system installed that can post a picture and suggest filtration/pump options that will work for me.

This will be replacing a 10g glass tank with 3 gold fish.

Thx

Last edited:
Welcome to AA :)

I'm not familiar with that tank, so i wont be able to give you any first hand experience with it. I can tell you that a good filter to look at is aquaclear. They are super good filters, the best imo. Look at an AC50. Maybe if you post a couple pictures of what you're talking about, we can help, i dont know of anybody on here with that specific tank.

Thanks Jonathan
I can't find a good picture of the top of this style tank, but I think it has 2 smallish openings that would not allow a HOB filter. I would like to find the style that others are using to know if I will be drilling the tank or??

Thanks again.

If you're planning on keeping those goldfish, I'd skip the 30g and go as big as possible.

I'd also go with glass for that small of an aquarium. It's cheaper and won't scratch like acrylic will.

Back
Top Bottom