New ten gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jev12

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok guys I just got a new ten gallon tank today to put my betta in instead of putting it in the 5.5 gallon...it was a ten gallon kit with and led strip of lights...so I need to get some more substrate which I'm planning on just using a small grained pebble type thing I will post pics in a few...and I'm planning on putting some javav fern in there some java moss and some anubias nana and cambomba...what other plants could I do...and also what fish would you recommend if any I'm mostly thinking of getting shrimp and snails...but I am also thinking about moving my three Pygmy Corey's over to this ten gallon...it might be the beginning of next week before I get it fully set up so I want to plan so that once its all cycled I will know what I want to get....and yesssssss I know a ten gallon is to small for most fish but I was thinking there might be some good nano type fish that could work

I would probably stick with about 4-5 corys and the betta in the tank. Snails are a great addition although shrimp can be hit or miss.

Yah if the shrimp don't work then I can put them in the 5.5 gallon I had originally gotten for this betta lol that will now be a plant tank with some snails...so now I have four tanks and they are all in my room lol

This is the type of gravel I'm going to use just FYI for more plant suggestions

Attachments

• image-3999650131.jpg
    image-3999650131.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 45
I would say put some jungle Val's in the background with anubias attached to drift wood and maybe crypt Parva in the foreground and float a little amazon frogbit for some subdued lighting for the cories. That gravel will be fine for almost any plant as many of us here have grown plants in gravel.

Back
Top Bottom