new thread on fish-in cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was explaining my recommendation of using prime, it sounds like you are on the edge of being fully cycled and hiccups happen as with what you described, I think you are doing great.
oh and the extra explanation of prime over aquarium salt is because you have plants

Nimo said:
I was explaining my recommendation of using prime, it sounds like you are on the edge of being fully cycled and hiccups happen as with what you described, I think you are doing great.
oh and the extra explanation of prime over aquarium salt is because you have plants

Oh okay :) thanks for the explanation, I appreciate any/all advice I get!! This forum is the best app on my phone :) very reliable!!!

I love this forum! I have learned a lot here, and I am still learning. It seems that no matter what question I have googled I end up getting sent here. Every one is very helpful.

I have learned enough here that the girl in the pet store asks me questions when I go in and she works the fish department! I will give her credit for trying to learn and she will tell you she don't know or is un sure of an answer instead of giving bad info

Nimo said:
I have learned enough here that the girl in the pet store asks me questions when I go in and she works the fish department! I will give her credit for trying to learn and she will tell you she don't know or is un sure of an answer instead of giving bad info

Wow that's pretty cool, usually you have someone that's a "Mr. Know it all" and just tries to make the sales lol rare to find

DanS180 said:
Oh okay :) thanks for the explanation, I appreciate any/all advice I get!! This forum is the best app on my phone :) very reliable!!!

It's not just an app. We are a full site with articles, chat room and photo gallery. You should take a look some time :)
The amount if salt needed to aid nitrite toxicity is only small. A teaspoon or so every 5-10 gallons. Not enough to hurt your plants btw.

Mumma.of.two said:
It's not just an app. We are a full site with articles, chat room and photo gallery. You should take a look some time :)
The amount if salt needed to aid nitrite toxicity is only small. A teaspoon or so every 5-10 gallons. Not enough to hurt your plants btw.

Thanks mumma.of.two!! I've been on the actually website also but prefer the app since I'm always on my phone and rarely on my laptop for long periods of time lol, I'm glad I found it though, I'd probably have a lot of problems if i didn't find it

As of now I only have the App on my phone, but it had saved me a lot of problems with my tanks and I try to share what I have learned along the way when I can.

I think I'm 100% cycled!!

pH 7.6
High Range pH 7.8
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 20-40ppm

Also just set up a 10g quarantine tank next to my 180.

I wanted to get a larger QT but this guy lived around the corner from me and was just getting rid of it so i had to take it, came with filter and a 150w heater!!

Excited! :)

Hi Dan

I would try to get your nitrates down to near that of your tap water.
Then continue to monitor daily for Ammo and Nitrites. Newly cycled tanks can fluctuate a little so testing is essential.

Jon

jondamon said:
Hi Dan

I would try to get your nitrates down to near that of your tap water.
Then continue to monitor daily for Ammo and Nitrites. Newly cycled tanks can fluctuate a little so testing is essential.

Jon

Thanks Jon! I plan to do a pwc today then test again.

Okay so i did a 40% water change last night, tested a few hours later and got the nitrate down to 5ppm from 20-40ppm.

When i get home today ill retest to see where I am but so far ammonia and nitrite have been at 0ppm for 2 days on there own :)

Okay so i did a 40% water change last night, tested a few hours later and got the nitrate down to 5ppm from 20-40ppm.

When i get home today ill retest to see where I am but so far ammonia and nitrite have been at 0ppm for 2 days on there own :)

Looking great. Your just on the edge on being finished it sounds like. Exciting!

I know! Thank you! Took almost a month to do :) I'm happy

Cycling takes a lot of patience that's for sure. lol. I'm sure it's already been said but what's your final stocking list going to be? I can't even remember what you have in the tank as it is. lol.

tamtam said:
Cycling takes a lot of patience that's for sure. lol. I'm sure it's already been said but what's your final stocking list going to be? I can't even remember what you have in the tank as it is. lol.

Well when i started the cycle I had a lot of huge fish in there, to name a few (redtail catfish, silver arowana, tiger shovelnose) but since then I've actually rehomed everyone and am now starting up a discus tank, look for my other thread labeled "discus tank underway!!!"

Back
Top Bottom