New to fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

B0105

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone. I'm new to caring for fish (about a month.) I've been doing pretty well. I have a 20 gallon tank with 2 barbs and 4 guppies 2 male and 2 female. I've been doing 20% water changes every week and I vacuum the gravel a bit once a week as well. (I was told not to over vacuum coz I could upset the nitrogen cycle)

I notices that my female was pregnant so I put her in a breeders net. She swims around okay and goes after food but she does spend quite a bit of time at the surface. Is this normal?

Also 1 of the barbs has started to act rather erratically. He still eats but sometimes starts swimming fast as if something is chasing him and seems run into the glass of the aquarium. (It happening less and less these last few days)

Anyone have any advice for me? Thanks

Hi everyone. I'm new to caring for fish (about a month.) I've been doing pretty well. I have a 20 gallon tank with 2 barbs and 4 guppies 2 male and 2 female. I've been doing 20% water changes every week and I vacuum the gravel a bit once a week as well. (I was told not to over vacuum coz I could upset the nitrogen cycle)

I notices that my female was pregnant so I put her in a breeders net. She swims around okay and goes after food but she does spend quite a bit of time at the surface. Is this normal?

Also 1 of the barbs has started to act rather erratically. He still eats but sometimes starts swimming fast as if something is chasing him and seems run into the glass of the aquarium. (It happening less and less these last few days)

Anyone have any advice for me? Thanks
Hi and welcome to AA!!.
You should check out this article about fish in cycle by Jetajockey. Excellent advice and should really help you and answer most of your questions. Give it a read and if you have more questions just fire away!!!!. There is also other good articles in the 'Articles' section that should be very helpful to you....

Fish-in Cycling: Step over into the dark side - Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom