New to fish keeping. Advice welcome.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josh-shoot2kill

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone, my names josh. I'm new to fish keeping and have yet to buy my first fish. Im still in the process of preparing my tank with bacteria and making the water fish friendly I aim to keep a few fish types in my first tank although all cold water fish. I have. 27 litre tank that I believe is 7 gallons in the US. My first purchase of fish once the tank is ready will be 6 white cloud mountain minnows. Then later hope to add an apple snail and danio's etc. I've not known anything about fish until about a week ago and think I'm learning fast about Ph levels bacteria etc. I'd never even known any fish types apart from what you can eat so I'm progressing although all advice and tips are welcome. There may be a lot that I have not considered in preparation for my first fish. I'm friendly and hope to use this a lot. Ive also attached an image of my first tank incase that helps in anyway, just want the best for my fish. All the best guys.

Attachments

• image-609739254.jpg
    image-609739254.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 79
Hello and welcome!

I have moved your thread to the FW and Brackish- Getting Started section. This should help you to get more responses. :)

Hi and welcome!

Unfortunately hex tanks are difficult to stock as they limit the horizontal swim space for fish even further. White Clouds will grow too large for that tank, I'm afraid. The only things you could put in there would be a betta, or/and some nano fish like celestial pearl danio, ember tetra or chili rasbora. Endler's livebearers are also colorful and small fish. Or small killfish might work. Those are all tropical though so you'd need a heater.

As for cycling the tank (preparing it for fish), this link should help: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...guide-and-faq-to-fishless-cycling-148283.html

And this one: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f15/guide-to-starting-a-freshwater-aquarium-186089.html

Back
Top Bottom