new to forum with a couple of questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pisan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello all . I had a tank many eons ago and much has changed since then so here is what I have so far

55 gallon ( 48 long 22 high 13.5 deep ) on stand designed for said tank . steel

I purchased 2 aqua clear 50s for it I figure a little over kill is good

have 200 watt heater

2 output air pump designed for a 100 gallon also bought valves to tome it down if needed

bubble disc with changing led lights just for wow factor .

4 lbs of gravel in dark blue

thermometer actual glass not stick on to tank glass

covers and led lighting ( day / night mode )

that is all I have so far I plan on using bio home ultimate media in filters sounds like great stuff . I do not plan on live plants and still have to get it all up and running and cycled but want advice on what I already have and display fish selection don't mind high ph or brackish set up but want colorful fish that are hardy . please speak frankly I can take it . thanks

Why just 4lbs of gravel?

I use the biohome media and I have been happy. Just had it for 6 months so far and waiting for that mythical nitrate reduction. Lol

That sounds better.

Equipment sounds fine. Start your tank cycling. I would suggest you not buy anything else until until you have decided on the fish. Their preferred habitat will influence the rock/wood/plants etc.

going to be a couple of weeks before I will be able to even start cycling tank . bought new furniture and have to paint first so tank waits but will be well worth it . picked up a 20 gallon today for sick / quarantine tank just incase and will be running a foam filter on the bottom of one AC50 so I can cycle 20 immediately if needed .

just asking . is filter placement that important . my thought it is in the center of each side with heater in-between at angle .. thoughts

how about recommendations on fish . colorful , movement , filling water Colum easy to care for and hardy . don't mind slight overstocking . no planted might add corner foam filter ( just because ) brought back glass heater and got aqueon pro 200 watt

just asking . is filter placement that important . my thought it is in the center of each side with heater in-between at angle .. thoughts

That sounds like a good plan. Anything to reduce the amount of dead zones or areas of low flow.
As for what to stock it with, that's such a wide open question. Everyone has their favorites and most will work with that tank size. Sometimes it's more of a matter of compatibility with different species. My advice is to think before adding, do it slowly/gradually, and get a decent test kit (you may have mentioned the latter previously).

plan on using API master freshwater testing kit ( liquid not strips ) your right about compatibility want community tank with a gourami or 2 just looking for active , color ease of care , compatibility and lastly but not least hardy

Back
Top Bottom