new to FW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NeoCatsy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have posted before, but i lost the link, to the getting started, i have a current 75g bow front currently fish less, i have not cleaned it yet. i am planning on using vinegar to clean with, I need some hints, i know i can salvage the filter but i think i have to get new filter media. can i salvage my sand or buy new sand. I had a problem with red algea am i gonna have the same problem, i work alot so i need something that doesn't require hours of work. i also have what use to be live rock i know i cannt use that, do i need 1 heater i had 2 for my salt i know that fw fish dont require the heating that sw do.

salvaging the filter depends on what kind, what fish you what, and how much it is rated to handle......could we get a name, etc.?

for sand, it depends on condition, but it should be fine, just give it a nice rinse

algae issues depend on various factors.....lighting, etc.

for that size tank, i'd get a 300 OR higher watt heater, preferably an eheim/jager/or someother reliable brand

do you have lighting? any plans on what fish you want? live plants? fake? etc

we kinda need that info to help:D

i was looking to do a goldfish tank, i have 2 250 w heaters i have overhead light i was thinking plastic plants as i do not have a green thumb, iim not sure of the filter name but i was i good filter when i bought it
ill look into the name

Back
Top Bottom