New to the fish keeping world

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeTeraquruim

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We currently have a running 55-gallon tank with 11 zebra danios. We added neon tetras, and we failed them—a new plan with the second tank. ToJoe is taking over the 55 gallons and will eventually add Oscars. Terab, me, have (only yesterday) set up a 20-gallon tank in my home office. I wanted to add (when the tank is ready) guppies and maybe some mollies. However, I want to keep my zebras. Can Zebras and Guppies get along happily? And if so, what is the opinion on the fish ratio for a 20 gallon? Please do not judge(not natural), but I have it decorated with black sand gravel and several green and blue artificial plants, a small log, and small artificial rock corral with a swim through options, so I understand that cuts back on my ratio limit. ANYONE have some advice I am new and learning AND NEVER WANT TO HAVE STRESSED OUT FISH.

Zebras and guppies will get along although zebras are very active and guppies less so. I'd maybe stick with zebras and add some bottom dwellers like corydoras catfish.
As far as oscars go, they get HUGE. I don't see the appeal there.

Back
Top Bottom