New to this and screwed up already!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Coco1019 said:
Nope, I posted that I had them in the 10.
Temp - 78
pH - 7.4

Weird!! Sry to here that! I think the easiest thin to try would be to bump up the heat in the tank to around 80-82 slowly. The bacteria love the warmer water and your fish will be fine. Should hopefully see results in a few days.

Ecocomplete is in! Now I just need to fill it up...

I'm going to be cycling it in my garage while The Husband builds me a stand.

When my 10 is finished cycling, would it be beneficial to put the sponge in the 55 or would it be too small to make a difference?

I have one of my pregnant mamas staking out a claim in one area of the tank (corner by the heater). Does that mean she's going to pop soon? They have all been pretty happy go lucky fish that swim the whole tank and get along very well. Now she's trying to nip anyone that comes in her area.

Last edited:
If she is chillin in low current areas and looks huge and her chest is squared off. I would say yes. I just have one have a brood before I could get her in the breeder. So its survival of the fittest in my tank right now.:fish2:

I've seen squared off mentioned before. What does that exactly mean. The bottom goes from round to square?

Here are two of them. The other fish keeping chasing them so I put them in a box. I don't know what else I'm supposed to do. I don't want them hurt. :( They seem stressed out in the box though.

Attachments

• image-378573203.jpg
    image-378573203.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 61
Coco1019 said:
Here are two of them. The other fish keeping chasing them so I put them in a box. I don't know what else I'm supposed to do. I don't want them hurt. :( They seem stressed out in the box though.

I wouldn't leave them in the box for more then a day or two max. You can turn the light off. That may help relax them.There is a fry in that picture. Is it free swimming in the tank? By square I mean her chest and belly will look some what square-ish. Let me see if I can get a pic of one of mine.

That's perfect. Thanks! I get it and have two like that. I did take them out, they didn't seem comfortable. So far the others stopped picking on them.

It wasn't a fry at the bottom, it's poop.

Coco1019 said:
That's perfect. Thanks! I get it and have two like that. I did take them out, they didn't seem comfortable. So far the others stopped picking on them.

It wasn't a fry at the bottom, it's poop.

Lmao!!!!!

Annnnnnddddd...We're off!!

I filled 'er up.

Attachments

• image-1542040144.jpg
    image-1542040144.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 47
So, I moved the tank inside. It was just too cold out and I didn't want the heaters running 24/7. Dosed ammonia on the 10th.

I bought plants yesterday and still need to plant them.

Question - if I remove my lava rock from the 29 to the 55 (I want to attach some plants to it), will that cause a crash in the 29?

Last edited:
I doubt it would cause a crash. The vast majority of your :bb: live on filter media. So, you shouldn't be removing enough to cause a crash. However, the little bit you do move should help out your 55's cycle a bit (y)

No, I'm pretty stuck with the 29. I'm still at .25 ammonia and 0 for nitrites and nitrates. Not even a hint of them.

Back
Top Bottom